That did not occur.
More pressing things came up....such as ....uhhhh....
You see, I am used to having lots of things to do which need to be done now. Things with a date of out there somewhere are very, very hard to get done, you see.
But, to my credit
- I probably don't actually need to write chapters 1 and 2 till full on writing mode (ie after project finished) but I would really like to get the bits I can write done soon.
- I have written a few papers relevant to my thesis and also written the grant application, so the ground work is done, hence the first couple of chapters may be largely cut and paste jobbies.
Today I have given it a red hot go. I have strapped myself to the proverbial beast.
And I find it hard to focus.
I have gotten SOME writing done but here are some other things I have attended.
- Drank 2 cups of instant coffee. Moccona. Thought about buying some proper coffee for my den. Think it ought to be Jasper coffee. That's what the cool kids drink around here.
- Thought a lot about that poor mother and daughter who died in Bali..... How? Why?
- Found myself a dress to buy to wear to an upcoming wedding this weekend. The invitation states "beach chic". The forecast is for 26 degrees and sunny. What do we think?
- Thought about the food I wanted to eat, including (but not limited to) Salt and Vinegar Chips, Caramello koalas, Rum and Raisin Icecream. It is always tempting to nibble while writing, but it is the time when it is least needed.
- Done some stretches of my hip flexors. Because they get tight. And that causes all manner of problems. Walked outside in the sunshine.
- Looked at Facebook. Looked at my email accounts. Repeat x24000.
- And actually done some things that needed to get done.
- Panic about a disabled citation manager. Emailed IT. Worked it out myself. Email IT again. Despair at my lack of computer skills.
- Tried to get colleagues to collectively book 5 star accomm at a conference in KL. Did not convince them. Booked 4 star accomm with them.
- Ate my self-packed lunch. Felt virtuous.
- Looked at flights for aforementioned conference. Need passport details...