I was put up to this by Ruth.
There is this thing going around blogland tagging people to share 11 random things about themselves.
1. I have nice strong shiny hair, but small, weak, brittle nails. I have had lots of ingrown toenails. A good manicure is an elusive thing. I have a nail related inferiority complex.
2. I had acne from the ages of 14 to 20. It was yucky and precluded much in the way of puppy love. This may explain why I did so well at school. It cleared up with a certain type of pill. Then a couple of years ago I developed perioral dermatitis. That cleared up after a dermatologist prescribed medication.
I am going through that awkward stage between 13 and 40.
3. My friends can rely on me to pick a good restaurant and a great bottle of wine at that restaurant. It's one of my talents.
4. I can't decide on a favourite food. I like most foods. I am not a big fan of fish, except the deep fried variety. I can do a little tin of tuna for lunch. I am also not that big a fan of Japanese food. My favourite cuisines at the moment are Mexican and south Indian/ Sri Lankan. My favourite food and drink match at the moment is Tiger Beer with Chicken Satay sticks - I had a few of these in Malaysia.
5. My favourite books are Shantaram, by Gregory Roberts, and Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides. I usually go for books on the iPad, but at the moment I am reading an old-skool paper book, Life after Life, by Kate Atkinson.
6. I don't watch much telly, but my favourite shows are Offspring, So You Think You Can Dance, Rake and The Blacklist. I also like to watch Bondi Vet with my fella, and we do voice narrations for the animals.
I am obsessed with House of Cards at the moment. I tried to like Breaking Bad but it is too depressing.
Ok that totally comes across as though I watch a bit too much telly.
7. I never went on a plane till I was 20. It was a flight to Sydney, to a placement in country NSW. Despite this I have caught up, and have now travelled more extensively than most folks I know. On my wish list are Turkey, Israel and Jordan. I would also like to see more of Australia, seeing the top end and Kangaroo Island.
8. I have a British Passport, obtained through my father's UK birth. It was quite hard to get my hands on all the required documents as he had passed long before I was of passporting age. But I am nothing if not determined.
Anywho, it's really easy and quick to go through Heathrow.
9. I have a fondness for pickled vegetables. Pickled onions. Beetroot. Gherkins. Even Kimchi.
10. My first memory was of tying a knot in a big bit of foil and being super proud of myself. I might have been about 3 at the time.
11. My signature statement lip colour is Rebel by MAC. I also go a red lippy occasionally. If you had not tried Rebel on you should.
12. My first car was a 1976 Datsun 180B. It was baby poo mustard coloured and had a white vinyl roof. It had no radio, heating or air con. It only drove, and then only occasionally
13. I can't count to 11. I also like to break rules.
Our little dog has a bit of bronchitis. She is on antibiotics, bless her. She has dry skin and is a bit skinny but we will fatten her up a bit.