I have a mish-mash of things I want to put on here today.....
- I have found that, as a young female doctor, sometimes, no amount of skill, knowledge, kindness, compassion or patience will get the the message across. What I think will work though, is if I hire an actor and give them a script. The actor will be a sixty year old white upper middle class male. That will help immensely.
- The dog has discovered "upstairs, where the Hoomins live". She very carefully creeps up there and has a look around. We shoo her off very quickly.
- The fella and I are off to Europe in June. He is in Spain for a conference, I will join him there after a few days in London. We will head off to Istanbul for a week or so... ISTANBUL BABY!
- I have a tax bill to pay :(
- But it doesn't matter as MANDAREENIES are in store. MANDAREENIES!!!!
- Tony Abbott wants to buy some fighter jets or some such for squillions of dollars. Can't he get Aunty Gina to buy them?
- That tax bill I have to pay is probably more than what Aunty Gina Pays....
- I am on antibiotics for sinusitis. Gah.
- I am glad this is a short week.
Now...serious mode here.
My heart breaks for the children (for of them, aged 5-15) of Fiona Warzywoda. She is the lady who was stabbed to death by her partner in a busy suburban Melbourne street.
Without saying too much, I have been touched deeply by family violence. It always makes me feel sick to hear of these things happening.
This article contains an email address for if you would like to help the kids. They have lost their mother in horrible circumstances and have very little in the way of material goods. Please donate, if you can.
On a broader note, it is great to see people like Clementine Ford, Tom Meagher and Anna Bligh join the narrative. It needs to be ingrained in the public consciousness that family violence is not acceptable. Perhaps powerful men like Tony Abbott, Malcolm Turnbull and others can speak out too.