Saturday 20 October 2018

The Newbie

Hello. It's been a while, and things have changed.

My little boy was born on 4/10. He was due to be whipped out on 5/10, but he had other ideas. My waters broke with meconium stained liquor on the 4/10, hence we were whisked to the operating theatre for an emergency c section.

We had 5 nights in the private hospital, my fella stayed the whole time, and it was the most wonderful little bubble. Our little family.

It seems like he has always been here, but I can't quite believe he is here. It has been a joyful 2 and a bit weeks, getting to know him, getting to know our new selves and navigating our relationship as a family of three.

The days go by in a blur of cuddles, nappy changes, baths and feeds.

I now see people not as adults, but as daughters and sons of mothers and fathers. I am different.

I have put pics on instagram, @c_j_hay, you will need to request to follow.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. I am so happy for you that you are in this space right now with the two most important boys in your life.

    Much love

    SSG XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Cilla!! SO happy for you !!

    Naomi ( My google isn't working )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you all, I am so happy to see this and that all is okay! What wonderful news, I've followed your blog along the way with fingers crossed for you, so happy to read this update and that your baby boy is here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you. I also have been reading your blog for ages and am very relieved that all is well. Would love to see photos, I put in a request on Insta but I am a bit shabby on how it all works. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So glad to hear the happy news. I’ve read your blog for years but have never commented. I’m just so thrilled for you knowing what you’ve been through. Enjoy every moment; babies grow so fast! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, enjoy, so happy to read all is well. Grow well and happy little man. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so so so pleased for you. Being a parent is the best! Hard, confusing, wracked by doubt and tiredness but the best nevertheless. I was given a book of poetry and one line said becoming a parent was the beginning of the most wonderful ove affair. So true. All the cliches about being a mum are only cliches because they are true! I wish you all the best for your new little family xxxxx

    ReplyDelete