I am much more wont to document on my inner world rather than what I do - many on my blogroll have a very compelling way of talking about their everyday tasks, making them sing and shine.
I am a bit loath to document too much of my inner world at the moment, because I fear it will get a bit boring. Also I think my inner self is getting Tourette's.
Normally I am quite a tolerant person, and I go with the flow. I am good at chillin'. At the moment, there is a very narrow threshold between relaxed and unhinged ("I need to slam my face into some chocolate and a vat of wine" / muttering curse words under my breath / sentence non-completion / sighing). This is my manifestation of stress, I think.
When I get stressed, lots of things are bullshit. The number of bullshit things is higher than usual at the moment.
Here is a list, including (but not limited to):
- The row of zits around my jaw and neck, kind of like a sore pimply necklace (inexplicably my face has cleared up).
- The weather. Melbourne had gotten the Autumn memo, switching on Mar 1 to cool nights and crisp days. However, the next few days are going to be muggy and stormy. I have some important engagements coming up and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR FOR THEM!
- That person in the office who is passive aggressive and bone-idle. Every office has one. I am suffering paroxysms of rage.
- The very up in the air nature of some parts of my job.
- The fear of getting torn a new one at my presentation (it's just a fear rather than actuality, but still...)
- Joe Hockey on Q and A last night.
- Having my work helper go off sick and having to do a whole bunch of stuff all on my own.
- Those knots in my back and butt that my foam roller massager just can't undo.
- Jumping rope at crossfit. It makes me very self-conscious.
- Going to the dentist. It was a dentist I hadn't seen before and I found him a bit creepy. Be gone, creepy dentist.
Bullshit, I tell you.
Gratitude always offsets an attack of Bullshit fever. There have been good things, including (but not limited to):
- On a whim I signed up for a beginner's Yoga course. The first class was fab. I felt very virtuous and serene.
- I had a paper accepted for an oral presentation at an international conference.
- I am due to meet up with a bloggy friend and some other crackerjack ladies at a trivia night (I bloody love trivia nights)
- Lena Dunham's book "Not that kind of girl". She is the bomb dot com.
- Doing a pull up at cross-fit (ok it was assisted by a large rubber band and I only pulled up to eye level but still....)